Join the Sideshift Summit
Learn from 50+ of the world's most inspiring and successful change-makers, thought leaders, authors and experts for free!
Harnessing Your Power to Make Change
- Hear Derreck’s perspective on redefining sustainability and how this directly relates to you personally.
- Be inspired by a story that started with a simple observation – followed by action and ended with of personal and sustainability triumph, despite starting with no power, money, or influence.
- Become aware of a certain thought-process that stops great ideas from taking flight, and learn how to gather the support you need to bring your solution to life
- Consider the balance required to maintain a global ecosystem and the level of impact caused by consumption patterns – including the need to assure sustainable development in the global south.
- Learn how to be part of the sustainability movement the worlds.
Sustainability as a System in Equilibrium
Get access to the full interview and learn from over 50 other world experts.
Summit live from 26 September.
Founder, Global Soap Project; CNN Hero; Speaker
- Dr. Derreck Kayongo is a social innovator, entrepreneur, human rights activist and the founder of Global Soap Project, for which he was honored as a 2011 CNN Hero.
- He's an internationally recognized visionary and humanitarian - a leader in both global health and environmental sustainability.
- Global Soap Project is a humanitarian aid organization that collects discarded and unused soap from thousands of hotels worldwide, reprocesses it, then distributes it to in-need populations around the world.
- Derreck’s passion for helping others and commitment to innovative thinking led him to the recent role of CEO of the National Center for Civil and Human Rights
- Derreck travels the world inspiring audiences with his powerful story and his approach to harnessing individual skills, as well as diversity & inclusion, to change the world.
If you could invite 1 person to a dinner party – who would it be and why?
What motivates you? Makes you happy?
What advice would you give your 10-year-old self?
If you could make 1 global change – what would it be?
What are your Top 3 achievements?
I graduated from a wonderful school in Tufts University
I built the Global Soap Project and become a CNN HERO!