Join the Sideshift Summit
Learn from 50+ of the world's most inspiring and successful change-makers, thought leaders, authors and experts for free!
Harnessing Your Power to Make Change
- Hear Derreck’s perspective on redefining sustainability and how this directly relates to you personally.
- Be inspired by a story that started with a simple observation – followed by action and ended with of personal and sustainability triumph, despite starting with no power, money, or influence.
- Become aware of a certain thought-process that stops great ideas from taking flight, and learn how to gather the support you need to bring your solution to life
- Consider the balance required to maintain a global ecosystem and the level of impact caused by consumption patterns – including the need to assure sustainable development in the global south.
- Learn how to be part of the sustainability movement the worlds.
Sustainability as a System in Equilibrium
Get access to the full interview and learn from over 50 other world experts.
Summit live from 26 September.
Founder, Global Soap Project; CNN Hero; Speaker
- Dr. Derreck Kayongo is a social innovator, entrepreneur, human rights activist and the founder of Global Soap Project, for which he was honored as a 2011 CNN Hero.
- He's an internationally recognized visionary and humanitarian - a leader in both global health and environmental sustainability.
- Global Soap Project is a humanitarian aid organization that collects discarded and unused soap from thousands of hotels worldwide, reprocesses it, then distributes it to in-need populations around the world.
- Derreck’s passion for helping others and commitment to innovative thinking led him to the recent role of CEO of the National Center for Civil and Human Rights
- Derreck travels the world inspiring audiences with his powerful story and his approach to harnessing individual skills, as well as diversity & inclusion, to change the world.
If you could invite 1 person to a dinner party – who would it be and why?
What motivates you? Makes you happy?
What advice would you give your 10-year-old self?
If you could make 1 global change – what would it be?
What are your Top 3 achievements?
I graduated from a wonderful school in Tufts University
I built the Global Soap Project and become a CNN HERO!
What does sustainability mean for you?
What was the most important event/influence that changed your perspective?
Is there anything else you would like to share with us?
Change your perspective and learn from more than 50 world experts.
Summit live from 26 September. Free for everyone!
Visit the Sideshift summit page to view all of our speakers and find out more
Copyright © 2020 Sideshift. All rights reserved.