Join the Sideshift Summit
Learn from 50+ of the world's most inspiring and successful change-makers, thought leaders, authors and experts for free!
How our passion can help to create a purpose-led business
- How businesses can support the less fortunate people in the society
- Challenges & solutions to starting a new business
- The capabilities that small companies have, in bringing positive changes
- Encouraging people and businesses to find purpose that will lead them to creating success
- How to create a better wold through our passion
The image of success in a business
Get access to the full interview and learn from over 50 other world experts.
Summit live from 26 September.
- Bicycle enthusiast
- Founder of Velosophy, a bicycle manufacturing business where a circular mind set, profitability and social responsibility go hand in hand
- One for one business model: for every bike sold, one is donated to a girl in Africa to make it easier for her to access school and receive education
- Determined to find a deeper purpose for the bike business
- won a prize of the European Parliament for best innovation in circular economy in 2019
- Believes a bicycle is well fitted to meet the transportation, infrastructure and sustainability challenges that large cities are facing
If you could invite 1 person to a dinner party – who would it be and why?
What motivates you? Makes you happy?
What advice would you give your 10-year-old self?
I’m not sure I have so many advice for the 10-year me … I followed my dreams then as I try to do now and when you are 10 anything is possible, right? So telling a young me to stick to my dreams would be ”pushing at an open door …” And I wouldn’t tell young me that stubbornness is a great quality, because then already stubborn young me’s family would have gone completely mad …
If you could make 1 global change – what would it be?
What are your Top 3 achievements?
– Founded a company that really makes a difference.
– Reduced my carbon footprint based on travel habits and food preferences.
What does sustainability mean for you?
What was the most important event/influence that changed your perspective?
My perspective is changing all the time. For me it’s a consequence of learning and finding out new things. Like when I learned that a bike can be the difference between life and death in some parts of the world – which lead me to start Vélosophy.