Join the Sideshift Summit
Learn from 50+ of the world's most inspiring and successful change-makers, thought leaders, authors and experts for free!
How our passion can help to create a purpose-led business
- How businesses can support the less fortunate people in the society
- Challenges & solutions to starting a new business
- The capabilities that small companies have, in bringing positive changes
- Encouraging people and businesses to find purpose that will lead them to creating success
- How to create a better wold through our passion
The image of success in a business
Get access to the full interview and learn from over 50 other world experts.
Summit live from 26 September.
- Bicycle enthusiast
- Founder of Velosophy, a bicycle manufacturing business where a circular mind set, profitability and social responsibility go hand in hand
- One for one business model: for every bike sold, one is donated to a girl in Africa to make it easier for her to access school and receive education
- Determined to find a deeper purpose for the bike business
- won a prize of the European Parliament for best innovation in circular economy in 2019
- Believes a bicycle is well fitted to meet the transportation, infrastructure and sustainability challenges that large cities are facing
If you could invite 1 person to a dinner party – who would it be and why?
What motivates you? Makes you happy?
What advice would you give your 10-year-old self?
I’m not sure I have so many advice for the 10-year me … I followed my dreams then as I try to do now and when you are 10 anything is possible, right? So telling a young me to stick to my dreams would be ”pushing at an open door …” And I wouldn’t tell young me that stubbornness is a great quality, because then already stubborn young me’s family would have gone completely mad …
If you could make 1 global change – what would it be?
What are your Top 3 achievements?
– Founded a company that really makes a difference.
– Reduced my carbon footprint based on travel habits and food preferences.
What does sustainability mean for you?
What was the most important event/influence that changed your perspective?
My perspective is changing all the time. For me it’s a consequence of learning and finding out new things. Like when I learned that a bike can be the difference between life and death in some parts of the world – which lead me to start Vélosophy.
Is there anything else you would like to share with us?
Change your perspective and learn from more than 50 world experts.
Summit live from 26 September. Free for everyone!
Visit the Sideshift summit page to view all of our speakers and find out more
Copyright © 2020 Sideshift. All rights reserved.